I am pleased to offer the opportunity for all parents to welcome a new member, of any age, to your family or wider community. Each ceremony is designed to meet the individual needs of the family. It provides the opportunity for parents to announce the name/s that has been chosen and to make promises of commitment to nurture and support the child into adulthood. Whether you wish to celebrate the arrival of a new baby or unite foster or step children within your family, I will work with you to create a ceremony befitting of such a joyful occasion.
The big advantage of choosing this type of welcome for a child is the wonderful opportunity it creates to involve family & friends in a truly warm and loving way as your child sets out on life’s path with you. I particularly enjoy these very happy ceremonies.
My services include:
- An initial meeting to listen to your ideas and discuss how we can create a meaningful and unique ceremony together. During this meeting we will discuss the process of writing your ceremony and should you wish to proceed, I would ask that you pay a booking deposit to secure my services.
- Access to my resources (poems and verse, sample promises and ritual ideas)
- A second meeting, whereupon we will discuss the first draft of your ceremony
- A professionally printed Naming Certificate (if required)
- Shortly after the second meeting I will email you the first draft of your ceremony. We can discuss or correspond as often as you like via email or telephone. The choice is yours.
- A copy of your Naming ceremony.
- I will dress appropriately to ensure that I reflect your dress code.